|Home What's new in Zoom Player Beta
"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v12.6:
* New Advanced Options page that controls Zoom Player's behavior when
a monitor is attached or detached, when Windows 10's tablet mode
is enabled or disabled and when a 2 in 1 laptop's screen is
docked or undocked.
Each of these mode changes can be assigned a different set of actions
and custom functions, even if the mode changed while Zoom Player was
not running (optional).
* New "Switch to TV JukeBox list view without having the parent folder
scraped first" media library category setting. This setting is enabled
by default on new categories and I recommend manually enabling this
setting on your pre-existing TV JukeBox categories.
* The last play position is now displayed on media library thumbnails for
audio and video files next to the media's duration (only works with
newly played media).
* New "/CBar" command line parameter to automatically show the control bar
when starting Zoom Player.
* The playing media's Title (if one exists) is now displayed in
Zoom Player's playing item text and in the timeline area if showing
file names in the timeline is enabled.
* The skin installation process has become simpler with the addition of
a new "Install Skin" button on the skin selection dialog.
* Zoom Player can now extract Album art and meta-data from ".M4A" and
possibly other audio formats.
* The open URL dialog now remembers the last visited URL and keeps a history
of the last 10 URLs.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation /
Thumb View) to specify the number of threads to use while scraping.
If your operating system drive ("C:") is mechanical, it may require
lowering the thread count to "1" to prevent the user interface from
being overly affected by the disk writes.
+ TheMovieDB.org's scraper plug-in has been enhanced with ".nfo" hinting
for TV content and improved naming convention detection.
+ The media library's "Scrape for parent folder name when file name scraping
using metadata scrapers fails" category setting is now automatically
disabled when JukeBox mode is active.
+ The entry for opening the Media Library on the right-click context menu
has moved out of the 'navigate' sub-menu and toward the top of the menu.
+ The "deinterlace" toggle has been removed from the right-click context
menu. It is still accessible by keyboard macro (Ctrl+Shift+D).
- The media library's thumbnail memory cache was cleared when switching
between categories if new category used a different thumbnail resolution.
- Double clicking a media library unselected and partially visible
thumbnail would not trigger the play/mini-menu action.
- Switching video renderer should no longer affect restoring the last
play position (only works with newly played media).
- Some JPEG images with either embedded as Album art or with a mislabeled
file extension were not properly recognized as valid JPEG images and
were not used/shown.
- Depending on the function assigned to the left mouse button, clicking
a hot-corner may activate both the hot-corner functionality and the
functionality assigned to the left mouse button (instead of only
triggering the hot corner action).
- Closing Zoom Player while the playlist was retrieving the duration of
media files prevented Zoom Player from closing properly.
- Pressing on the "disabled" subtitle entry when it was already
selected incorrectly displayed an "Unknown error" message.
* The Complete Change list history can be found on-line at: