|Home What's new in Zoom Player Beta
"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v12.5:
* New Media Icons display in the media library information area at the
bottom of the screen and in the Movie Jukebox presentation mode.
Media icons display the Format (AVI/Matroska/etc...), Video Codec
(H.264/HECV/etc...), Video Resolution (1080p/UHD 4K/etc...),
Audio Codec (DTS/AAC/etc...), Audio Channels (2.0/5.1/7.1/etc...).
Media icons are detected during the scraping process, to display the
icons you must re-scrape the content of your media library. This
is done the Media Library Category Editor (Shift+"M") or through
the media library's function page's 'scraping' menu.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Settings)
to display Media Icons in the media library information area and in
movie jukebox presentation mode.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation /
Customization) to force the navigation list or thumb view display
to full width.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Control Bar / Timeline Area)
to show thumbnail previews even if the playing media does not report
key-frame. Note that allowing media with no key frame reporting to
display thumbnails over the timeline can take much longer.
* The advanced playlist control has become more powerful with integrated
sorting that does not affect the main playlist until items are moved.
* The playing media information dialog ("I" keyboard shortcut) has been
restructured and expanded to include the media's file size and date
as well as full information on the file from MediaInfoLib (MediaInfo DLL).
* The mouse's "back" and "forward" buttons now act as "back" and "enter"
when used in the fullscreen navigation interfaces.
* New "Copy to Clipboard" button on the playing media information dialog
that copies the content of the "format" box into the clipboard.
+ For additional security, password protected media library categories
no longer show path information on the category list screen.
+ Optimized media library disk access by improving meta-data caching.
+ Changed the default text background color in audio playback (when a
folder image is not used) to a much darker gray.
- The virtual keyboard did not accept physical keyboard input if the
"Use keyboard input to quickly search and enter data through navigation
interfaces" setting was disabled.
- Media files or folder flagged never to be scraped were scraped
again under some circumstances.
- The thumbnail view's "drag to scroll" was triggered after 1 pixel of
movement, making selecting a thumbnail with a single click fail
if the mouse cursor moved a bit during the click.
- Clicking a media or folder in the media library's thumb view mode and
then trying to click the close or back buttons would not work on the
first click (requiring a second click).
- The text labels on the virtual keyboard keys is now more uniform in size.
- Clicking a media library thumbnail and then trying to click the "back"
or "close" icons would fail on the first click (and work on the second).
- In the FREE version, the screen saver would over-tax the CPU (the
streamers were always used and it was impossible to turn off).
- The Advanced playlist control, Chapter editor, Scheduler, Scene-Cut,
Skin selector and Play history dialogs would not save their last
window size and position if you closed the player without first
closing the dialog.
- Clear the search box text of the advanced playlist control using the
"DEL" key would also remove any selected entries from the playlist.
- The "Hide all control bar buttons" setting stopped saving in v12.1.
* The Complete Change list history can be found on-line at: