"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v12.1:
* Kinetic scrolling has been rewritten from scratch, it should now be
a lot more responsive and accurate, especially when used on lower-end
PCs and Tablets.
The kinetic acceleration/deceleration speed settings have also been
tweaked and are now more reasonable.
* Zoom Player FREE now provides a trial period for using most of
Zoom Player MAX's features (e.g. fullscreen navigation interfaces,
play history, audio visualizations, playback scheduler and more!).
* You can now assign custom functions to XInput (e.g. XBOX controller)
left and right thumb stick clicks. By default the left and right
thumb clicks do nothing.
* The two left media library mini-menu entries are now fully customizable.
* Three new functions added to the media library mini-menu:
1. Add to playlist
2. Open the function menu
3. Play / Enter
* Changing some of the setting on the media library category editor's
"Category Configuration" dialog now prompts you to flag the content
of the category for re-scraping.
* New media library category setting to completely disable the
category from scraping for metadata.
* The "Re-scraping" media library function page has been renamed "Scraping"
and contains a new setting to flag selected files and folders not to be
* New Setting (Adv. Options / System), allowing you to choose the Zoom
Player task bar icon (either current, version 11 or old school icon).
Note: This setting will have no effect if the windows taskbar is set
to combine buttons.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Playlist) to automatically show
the playlist editor when exiting fullscreen mode.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Control Bar) to disable seeking when
using the mouse wheel over the control bar (and use the
default mouse-wheel functionality instead).
* Three new extended functions:
exSeekAheadPercent : Seek Ahead (percent of duration)
exSeekBackPercent : Seek Back (percent of duration)
exSeekToPercent : Seek To (percent of duration)
* The fullscreen navigation scrollbar source image can now be any
resolution, adding skinning support for sharp 4K resolution scroll bars.
* The control bar's fixed position close and volume slider buttons have
received mouse-hover visual cues.
+ The notification to upgrade an old license is no longer shown every time
Zoom Player is launched. It will show up every few days instead.
+ When notified of a new version release, a special message will now show
up to notify you that your current license may be too old to use with
the new version.
+ Clicking/Touching an unselected thumbnail in the media library now
selects the thumbnail and displays any related meta-data instead
of automatically starting playback.
+ You can now use the mouse wheel to scroll through the entirety of the
media library's fullscreen navigation mini-menu.
+ Mouse wheel scrolling in the media library now scrolls the list instead
of scrolling by changing the active thumbnail.
+ The playlist editor and equalizer dialogs now restore automatically
after exiting fullscreen exclusive mode when MadVR is used as the
+ The media scraping error list is now auto-saved more often to prevent
system failures from losing information.
+ Content images used in Zoom Player FREE now come in full 1080p
HD resolution (Zoom Player MAX already included the higher
+ Some sections of the options dialog now more clearly turn to
a "disabled" state when a parent setting that enables the
functionality is turned off.
+ The XInput advanced options dialog section has been restructured.
- Pressing Smart Play's "Auto Configure" button on the basic options dialog
would trigger a crash under some conditions.
- Fixed a "Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window" error when
pressing enter on an entry in the playlist fullscreen navigation
- Fixed a "List index out of bounds" error that triggered by bad
audio visualization configuration.
- Clicking the media library's thumb area did not always play the
clicked thumbnail (it would play the media in the thumbnail above it).
- Under some conditions, opening the media library would use a
thumbnail aspect ratio from a different category.
- Dragging to scroll the media library's thumbnail area did not work
in the entire thumbnail area.
- Clicking the left mouse button on a media library thumbnail and holding
for a few seconds to activate the mini-menu caused the next mouse click
to be ignored in some areas of the screen (like going back to the category
- Fixed a small cosmetic issue with the ring tone generator dialog.
- People who have purchased the Zoom Player lifetime license were
accidentally shown an upgrade notice in some cases.
- The media library bottom category-type filtering icons were accessible
using the mouse even when they were not visible.
- Fixed a possible rare freeze in cases where the media library navigation
dialog was opened at the exact same time one of the file tracker threads
(emule/utorrent/qbittorrent) was trying to synchronize.
- Using the mouse wheel in combination with kinetic scrolling in the
media library fullscreen interface would result in chaos.
- When the media library's thumb view left/right bump actions were disabled,
thus allowing you to use the left/right keys to scroll through thumb rows,
the scroll bar did not appear when the active thumb jumped up/down a row.
- Zoom Player should close much faster now.
- Opening the media library's function menu would wipe clean the meta-data
Click here to view what was new in previous versions.